Publishing to Windows Azure from Visual Studio 2010
Here are the steps to publish to Windows Azure from inside Visual Studio 2010
- From inside Visual Studio, right click the Azure project (the icon looks like a blue globe)
- Click on “Publish”
- You will see the screen below
- If you have yet to import your publish settings, click on the hyperlink to generate the publishing file
- Once you get the file, use the import button to import your settings file
- You should now have a subscription available for selection
- If you do not have any hosted services, you will see the screen below. Else skip to step 9
- Fill in your hosted service name and preferred data centre location and click “OK”.
- In the publish settings, make the necessary changes and click “Publish”
- Windows Azure Activity Log will appear and you can see the deployment status there. Do take note that this may take quite a while to deploy even for a simple app.
- Once it is complete, the status will reflect to show it is completed and you will be able to see the url to your app