TFS 2010 + Sharepoint 2010 – Errors when showing reports in Dashboard
Out of the box, should you try to view the TFS reports in SP2010, you will encounter 2 errors
1. Warning from Excel Services
This workbook contains one or more queries that refresh external data. A malicious user can design a query to access confidential information and distribute it to other users or perform other harmful actions.
If you trust the source of this workbook, click Yes to enable queries to external data in this workbook. If you are not sure, click No so that changes are not applied to your workbook.
Do you want to enable queries to external data in this workbook?
To fix this:
- On the SharePoint Central Administration home page, in the Application Management section, click Manage service applications.
- On the Service Applications page, click Excel Services Application.
- On the Manage Excel Services Application page, click Trusted File Locations.
- On the Excel Services Application Trusted File Locations page, point to the trusted file location that you want to edit (e.g. http://), click the arrow that appears, and then click Edit.
- On the Excel Services Application Edit Trusted File Location page, in the External Data section, clear the Refresh warning enabled checkbox, and then click OK.
2. Error at Excel Report
The data connection uses Windows Authentication and user credentials could not be delegated. The following connections failed to refresh:
To fix this:
- On the Team Foundation Server Administration Console, click on the TFS server in question
- Click Extensions for Sharepoint Products
- Select the Sharepoint Web Application which you are using
- Click Modify Access
- Enter a user with access rights to the reports inside the Enterprise Application Definition field
- Click OK